Real Madrid-Barça Clásico set for week of Champions League first legs
Real Madrid will welcome Manchester City on February 26, a day after Barça travel to the San Paolo with the Bernabéu Clásico on March 1.
Real Madrid and Barcelona have been handed a potentially decisive week in the 2019-20 season with both sides facing off in the second Clásico of the season at the Bernabéu on 1 March, just days after Zinedine Zidane and Ernesto Valverde’s sides are in Champions League action against Manchester City and Napoli respectively.
On paper, given the crisis that has enveloped Napoli this season, Barça got the better of Monday’s draw, but Valverde’s side are away at the San Paolo for the first leg of their last 16 tie. Real Madrid meanwhile won’t relish the prospect of facing Pep Guardiola’s City, but at least have home advantage for the opening leg and therefore won’t have to travel anywhere in the days leading up to the Clásico.
The first Clásico of the season will be played on 18 December, having been rearranged due to unrest in Catalonia in October following the detention of several leading pro-Catalan independence politicians following a ruling from Spain’s Supreme Court.
Real Madrid and Barcelona are neck and next at the top of LaLiga after 16 games with 35 points each, followed by Sevilla, Getafe and Atlético.
Champions League: Napoli - Barcelona
📆 @ChampionsLeague Round of 16 dates— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 16, 2019
Napoli 🆚 Barça
Barça 🆚 Napoli
Napoli vs Barcelona: 25 February
Barcelona vs Napoli: 18 March
Champions League: Real Madrid - Manchester City
Real Madrid vs Manchester City: 26 February
Manchester City vs Real Madrid: 17 March
LaLiga: Real Madrid - Barcelona
Santiago Bernabéu: 1 March
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?