João Félix: "I'd like to play with Cristiano at club level"
After receiving the Golden Boy award in Turin this evening, the Atlético player hailed "legend" Cristiano and hinted at a move to Juventus: "You never know".
João Félix was presented with the Golden Boy award in Turin this evening - recognition for the best player under the age of 21 in Europe. The Atlético forward was one of the 200 guests at the ceremony and was accompanied by his agent, Jorge Mendes (who won the best agent in Europe during 2019), Atlético president Enrique Cerezo and Director of Sport Andrea Berta as well as members of his family.
João was delighted with the recognition: "I'm very happy," he said in his acceptance speech. "There is a great deal of work involved in winning this trophy and I'm thrilled with it. Winning this award was one of my objectives - it's not something anyone can win. I only have words of thanks for my team mates and my family, all of them have been close to me during these important months of my career".
Joao Félix: "Cristiano is a legend"
Later, Sky italia asked him iof he would like to one day join Juventus and link up with last season's Golden Boy, Matthijs De Ligt. He replied: "You never know", but playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo - at club level, as well as with the national team, is something which definitely does appeal: "I'd love to play alongside Cristiano at a club, he's a legend".
Atleti president Enrique Cerezo also had a few words to say at the event: "We've always had great players at Atleti - in recent years we have been lucky enough to have two Golden Boys: Kun Agüero and now João Felix. We believe João will go on to become one of the best players in the world - he's young, he has talent and above all, he really loves playing football".
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"