Osaka hires Fissette as coach
Naomi Osaka will begin the 2020 season alongside Wim Fissette, who has worked with Kim Clijsters, Victoria Azarenka, Angelique Kerber and Simona Halep.
Former world number one Naomi Osaka has hired Wim Fissette as her coach ahead of her Australian Open title defence.
Osaka split from Sascha Bajin after clinching her second major title in Melbourne this year and brought Jermaine Jenkins on board to replace him.
The duo parted ways after the Japanese fell short in her attempt to retain her US Open crown, going down to Belinda Bencic in the fourth round.
Osaka hires vastly experienced Fissette
Osaka worked with her father for the remainder of the season but has turned to Fissette ahead of the 2020 season, WTA Insider confirmed.
Among the players to have been coached by Belgian Fissette are Kim Clijsters, Victoria Azarenka, Angelique Kerber and Simona Halep.
Clijsters won three grand slams and Kerber triumphed at Wimbledon in 2018 while working with Fissette.
Osaka, who withdrew from the WTA Finals due to a right shoulder injury, is set to begin the new season at the Brisbane International in January.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series