Osaka hires Fissette as coach
Naomi Osaka will begin the 2020 season alongside Wim Fissette, who has worked with Kim Clijsters, Victoria Azarenka, Angelique Kerber and Simona Halep.
Former world number one Naomi Osaka has hired Wim Fissette as her coach ahead of her Australian Open title defence.
Osaka split from Sascha Bajin after clinching her second major title in Melbourne this year and brought Jermaine Jenkins on board to replace him.
The duo parted ways after the Japanese fell short in her attempt to retain her US Open crown, going down to Belinda Bencic in the fourth round.
Osaka hires vastly experienced Fissette
Osaka worked with her father for the remainder of the season but has turned to Fissette ahead of the 2020 season, WTA Insider confirmed.
Among the players to have been coached by Belgian Fissette are Kim Clijsters, Victoria Azarenka, Angelique Kerber and Simona Halep.
Clijsters won three grand slams and Kerber triumphed at Wimbledon in 2018 while working with Fissette.
Osaka, who withdrew from the WTA Finals due to a right shoulder injury, is set to begin the new season at the Brisbane International in January.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?