Real Madrid: Zidane takes Bale, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Isco to Camp Nou
Eden Hazard, Marcelo and James Rodríguez miss out through injury while outcasts ÁLvaro Odriozola, Brahim and Mariano are left out of the squad.
Zinedine Zidane has sprung few surprises with his Real Madrid squad for the Clásico at Camp Nou on Wednesday, taking everything he has at his disposal including Gareth Bale, Vinicius and Rodrygo as the Frenchman plots a game on the front foot in the top of the table clash against Barcelona.
See also: Barça's Clásico squad announced
Bale, Vinicius and Rodrygo are included up front alongside the in-form Karim Benzema and his understudy, Luka Jovic, while the midfield is a balance of grit and grace with the return of Casemiro and the inclusion of the little used Isco. At the back, Zidane will be pleased to be able to call on the services of Ferland Mendy after suspension and has the versatile Nacho available after the utility man’s 90 minutes at left back against Valencia marked his return from a ligament injury.
The unfortunate trio of Álvaro Odriozola, Mariano and Brahim Díaz have been handed yet another not-too-subtle message that they can look for a loan or a permanent move in January after being omitted entirely.
Real Madrid squad for Barcelona
Keepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Bale, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City