Maradona: "Di Stéfano was better than everyone else - even me"
Argentinean ex-player Diego Maradona, now coach at Gimnasia told TyC Sports' 'Líbero' who he thinks is the best player in the history of the game.
For some, Diego Maradona is the greatest footballer the game has ever seen - most would agree that he is definitely up there among the best. The former player, now coach at Gimnasia chatted to TyC Sports' Líbero this week .
Best player in history
"I think the best was [Alfredo] Di Stéfano, he was superior to everyone - even me. Pelé didn't want to recognise Di Stéfano's talents. Pelé's friends invented a trophyespecially for him for being a living legend of football. I even beat Pelé in Río for being the best in history".
Best shirt you've swapped with another player and best team mate
"The best shirts I swapped were with Gullit and Van Basten when they were at AC Milan. The player who I connected best with was [former Napoli player] Careca".
How many Ballons d'Or would you have today
"I think I'd had quite a few, but what Messi has achieved is outstanding".
"I told him where he should place his foot, but the rest is all down to him. He has got it down to a tee. I would never like to face Messi - not ever. I don't criticise Messi, the lad comes home, plays, doesn't sign the hymn and they say he's Catalán. I'm a friend of Leo's".
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia