Barcelona's Nélson Semedo robbed hours before El Clásico
The Portuguese defender is the latest in a long line of footballers in Spain to have had his home burgled while away with his club.
The footballer burglary continues in Spain. Just hours before El Clásico kicks off in Barcelona, one of the home team players fell victim to the opportunist thieves.
Semedo home robbed while in team hotel
Journalist Anna Punsí reported on Spanish TV station Cadena SER that the Portuguese defender Nélson Semedo's house was broken into around 14:00 local time on the day of the game. The finer details of the incident, including what may have been stolen and if there were any family members at home, are still being confirmed.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Semedo spent Tuesday evening in the hotel with his Barça teammates - incidentally the same one as the opposing Real Madrid side - and he joins a long list of footballers in Spain who have been hit by the criminals.
Los Blancos' Casemiro, Isco, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez and Zinedine Zidane have all suffered the same fate, as well as blaugrana stars Gerard Piqué, Jordi Alba and Kevin Prince Boateng. Atlético Madrid's Thomas Partey is another, while his current teammate, Álvaro Morata, was also targeted when away with the Spanish national team, his wife and children being left inside.
Despite the Spanish Civil Guard arresting four of the alleged members of the organisation that are responsible for the robberies of homes of Madrid-based footballers in October, it would appear that the trend continues.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news