Club World Cup 2019
Trent Alexander-Arnold tops 2019 Premier League assists chart
Liverpool were pushed all the way in their Club World Cup semi-final against Monterrey but the full-back fed Firmino to clinch it.
Jürgen Klopp decided to rest a few of his star players as Liverpool went into the Club World Cup semi-final against Monterrey as clear favourites. But as the game edged ever closer to extra-time, the likes of Sadio Mané, Roberto Firmino and Trent Alexander-Arnold were introduced, two of them combining to great effect.
Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool's assist king
Naby Keita had put The Reds ahead early but the Mexican side were level in a couple of minutes through Funes Mori. Both sides had chances to win the tie, but no further goals were scored...that was until added-on time at the end of the 90 minutes.
20 - Trent Alexander-Arnold has registered 20 assists in all club competitions in 2019, the most of any Premier League player:— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 18, 2019
Trent Alexander-Arnold - 20
Kevin De Bruyne - 19
David Silva - 16
Riyad Mahrez - 14
João Moutinho - 13
Andrew Robertson - 13
Bernardo Silva - 13
With some of the big guns on, Mohamed Salah laid the ball back to the young full-back and his low cross allowed the Brazilian striker to pounce ahead of the defenders. With that goal Liverpool secured their place in Saturday's final - where they will chase the only trophy that has eluded them in their glorious history - and put Trent above the midfielders in the class of De Bruyne, Silva and Mahrez as the top assists maker of the year.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight