Police forced to break up mass brawl pre-El Clásico
The Mossos D'Esquadra were forced to intervene as fighting broke out close to Camp Nou between pro-independence activists and right wing Boixos Nois ultras.
Ahead of the Camp Nou El Clásico, fighting broke out between approximately 30 members of the right wing Boixos Nois ultras group and pro Catalan independence supporters in Travessera de Gràcia de Barcelona close to Barcelona's stadium at approximately 19:45 local time
🔴🔴⚽️ #ÚLTIMAHORA Sigue la tensión entre manifestantes independentistas y Boixos Nois en las inmediaciones del Camp Nou. Mossos d'Esquadra cargan para separar a ambos grupos. #ElClasico— La Vanguardia (@LaVanguardia) December 18, 2019
📹 @maykanavarro pic.twitter.com/q4IG773ykR
Local Barcelona police (Los Mossos d'Esquadra) launched a baton charge to separate both groups and proceeded to form a cordon to stem the fighting between rival fractions.
Chants of "fascists, get out of our neighbourhood" were heard as cans of beer were thrown by both sides.
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp