Police forced to break up mass brawl pre-El Clásico
The Mossos D'Esquadra were forced to intervene as fighting broke out close to Camp Nou between pro-independence activists and right wing Boixos Nois ultras.
Ahead of the Camp Nou El Clásico, fighting broke out between approximately 30 members of the right wing Boixos Nois ultras group and pro Catalan independence supporters in Travessera de Gràcia de Barcelona close to Barcelona's stadium at approximately 19:45 local time
🔴🔴⚽️ #ÚLTIMAHORA Sigue la tensión entre manifestantes independentistas y Boixos Nois en las inmediaciones del Camp Nou. Mossos d'Esquadra cargan para separar a ambos grupos. #ElClasico— La Vanguardia (@LaVanguardia) December 18, 2019
📹 @maykanavarro pic.twitter.com/q4IG773ykR
Local Barcelona police (Los Mossos d'Esquadra) launched a baton charge to separate both groups and proceeded to form a cordon to stem the fighting between rival fractions.
Chants of "fascists, get out of our neighbourhood" were heard as cans of beer were thrown by both sides.
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid Mount on Chelsea win over Real Madrid: We should've had five!
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's boxing record?
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather's boxing record?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES US supports waiving vaccine patents: what does it mean and how will it affect the pandemic?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: when will the monthly payments begin?