Casemiro suspended for Athletic's LaLiga visit to the Bernabéu
The Brazilian finally picked up his fifth yellow card of the season at the Camp Nou, one that will keep him out of Sunday's clash.
And 486 minutes later, Casemiro finally receives that yellow card in LaLiga. Los Blancos' holding midfielder had been walking a tightrope since the booking on 2 November against Real Betis (his fourth of the season) and now finds himself suspended for the clash against Athletic Bilbao at the Santiago Bernabéu on Sunday.
Casemiro misses Athletic visit
It was the 65th minute of the highly anticipated Clásico between Spain's top two sides when the Brazilian's name was taken by Hernández Hernández after a foul on Luis Suárez. Zidane will miss the influential player at the weekend, although was certainly glad not to have lost him ahead of the Camp Nou battle, one in which Madrid impressed.
1 - Casemiro in #ElClásico by numbers:— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 18, 2019
4 shots – 1st in the game
67 passes – 2nd Real Madrid
7 duelos won/15 duels – 1st Real Madrid
10 recoveries – 1st in the game
Casemiro is Zidane's most used player, not having been given a break until the last league game against Valencia, with the Barça game in mind. He has played 1,830 minutes since the season kicked off, 96.8% of the total available.
With the loss of the Brazilian against Athletic, everything points to Zizou repeating his midfield line up from the trip to the Mestalla on Sunday, with Valverde, Kroos, Modric and Isco working together.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Premier League Lloris explains bust-up with Spurs team-mate Son
- Football Man Utd and Man City battling for Koulibaly and Skriniar
- Coronavirus FC Dallas out of MLS is Back Tournament due to Covid-19 cases
- BARCELONA Bartomeu confident of ninth Messi Barcelona renewal
- Qatar 2022 Aspire's online program aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle