Casemiro suspended for Athletic's LaLiga visit to the Bernabéu
The Brazilian finally picked up his fifth yellow card of the season at the Camp Nou, one that will keep him out of Sunday's clash.
And 486 minutes later, Casemiro finally receives that yellow card in LaLiga. Los Blancos' holding midfielder had been walking a tightrope since the booking on 2 November against Real Betis (his fourth of the season) and now finds himself suspended for the clash against Athletic Bilbao at the Santiago Bernabéu on Sunday.
Casemiro misses Athletic visit
It was the 65th minute of the highly anticipated Clásico between Spain's top two sides when the Brazilian's name was taken by Hernández Hernández after a foul on Luis Suárez. Zidane will miss the influential player at the weekend, although was certainly glad not to have lost him ahead of the Camp Nou battle, one in which Madrid impressed.
1 - Casemiro in #ElClásico by numbers:— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 18, 2019
4 shots – 1st in the game
67 passes – 2nd Real Madrid
7 duelos won/15 duels – 1st Real Madrid
10 recoveries – 1st in the game
Casemiro is Zidane's most used player, not having been given a break until the last league game against Valencia, with the Barça game in mind. He has played 1,830 minutes since the season kicked off, 96.8% of the total available.
With the loss of the Brazilian against Athletic, everything points to Zizou repeating his midfield line up from the trip to the Mestalla on Sunday, with Valverde, Kroos, Modric and Isco working together.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?