Casemiro suspended for Athletic's LaLiga visit to the Bernabéu
The Brazilian finally picked up his fifth yellow card of the season at the Camp Nou, one that will keep him out of Sunday's clash.
And 486 minutes later, Casemiro finally receives that yellow card in LaLiga. Los Blancos' holding midfielder had been walking a tightrope since the booking on 2 November against Real Betis (his fourth of the season) and now finds himself suspended for the clash against Athletic Bilbao at the Santiago Bernabéu on Sunday.
Casemiro misses Athletic visit
It was the 65th minute of the highly anticipated Clásico between Spain's top two sides when the Brazilian's name was taken by Hernández Hernández after a foul on Luis Suárez. Zidane will miss the influential player at the weekend, although was certainly glad not to have lost him ahead of the Camp Nou battle, one in which Madrid impressed.
1 - Casemiro in #ElClásico by numbers:— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 18, 2019
4 shots – 1st in the game
67 passes – 2nd Real Madrid
7 duelos won/15 duels – 1st Real Madrid
10 recoveries – 1st in the game
Casemiro is Zidane's most used player, not having been given a break until the last league game against Valencia, with the Barça game in mind. He has played 1,830 minutes since the season kicked off, 96.8% of the total available.
With the loss of the Brazilian against Athletic, everything points to Zizou repeating his midfield line up from the trip to the Mestalla on Sunday, with Valverde, Kroos, Modric and Isco working together.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week