Premier League: Liverpool complete Takumi Minamino signing
The Premier League leaders confirmed that the Japanese playmaker will join the club from Salzburg in January.
Liverpool confirmed on Thursday that an agreement had been reached with Salzburg for the transfer of Japan playmaker Takumi Minamino.
Minamino to join Liverpool in January
The Salzburg player has come up against the Reds twice in this Champions League campaign and impressed on both occasions, scoring and providing an assist in the first match between the two sides at Anfield.
Liverpool did not disclose the fee but British media have reported that his release clause was 7.25 million pounds ($9.30 million) and that the 24-year-old would officially join from the Austrian club on 1 January
My dream to become a Liverpool player
"It has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player. And I'm so excited that the moment has come true," Minamino told Liverpool's website in a statement
"To play in the Premier League was one of my targets. I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League. 'But I never thought I would be able to play in this team and I'm really happy about it."
Minamino, who has scored 11 goals in 22 matches for Japan, previously played for Cerezo Osaka in the Japanese top flight.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Real Madrid: Mbappé operation could cause a domino effect
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard rues missing out on 'leader' Rice
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid among list of clubs interested in 'frustrated' Kane
- PREMIER LEAGUE Watkins fires Villa in front
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid edge Barça in Clásicos won: 97-96
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard