Achraf Hakimi: Dortmund out to keep Real Madrid full-back
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc says the Bundesliga club will sit down for talks with Real Madrid "in the coming weeks or months".
Borussia Dortmund are keen for Achraf Hakimi to stay beyond the end of the season, says the Bundesliga club's sporting director, Michael Zorc.
The Moroccan international full-back has made a huge impact at Dortmund since joining from Real Madrid on a two-year loan in summer 2018.
Dortmund to have Achraf talks with Real Madrid, says Zorc
Indeed, the 21-year-old has established himself as such a key figure at Signal Iduna Park that he has featured in all 25 games played by Dortmund so far this season, scoring six goals and supplying five assists - impressive figures for a defender.
"We've repeatedly expressed our interest in keeping Achraf here beyond the summer," Zorc told reporters on Thursday, "but right now isn't the time for a decision to be made on this.
"Ultimately, it comes down to Real Madrid, but a decision hasn't been made. We'll hold talks in the coming weeks or months."
Unclear whether Dortmund want loan or permanent deal
It remains unclear whether Dortmund's aim is to extend Achraf's loan or negotiate a permanent transfer. The player himself has not stated a clear preference over his future, with Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane's plans for the youngster likely to be the decisive factor in determining where he plies his trade next season.
"Next summer's still a little way off and we'll just have to see what happens," Achraf told AS in October. "I shouldn't start thinking about next year; I just have to concentrate on having a good campaign."
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"