Liverpool's Van Dijk trains ahead of Club World Cup final
After missing Liverpool's Club World Cup semi-final through illness, Virgil van Dijk trained on Friday ahead of the final against Flamengo.
Virgil van Dijk provided Liverpool with a potential boost ahead of their Club World Cup final against Flamengo by training on Friday.
Illness sees Van Dijk miss Club World Cup semi-final
The defender, who has played every minute of the Reds' Premier League campaign, felt ill the day before the semi-final against Monterrey and was absent as the Reds recorded a 2-1 victory.
With Joe Gomez the only other senior centre-back in the squad, Jordan Henderson partnered his fellow England international in the heart of defence.
Klopp: "No clue" whether Van Dijk back for Flamengo final
Boss Jürgen Klopp said after the game he had "no clue" whether Van Dijk would be back for Saturday's final in Doha.
However, the Dutchman was out training with his Liverpool colleagues on Friday in the portion of the session open to the media.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list