Liverpool's Van Dijk trains ahead of Club World Cup final
After missing Liverpool's Club World Cup semi-final through illness, Virgil van Dijk trained on Friday ahead of the final against Flamengo.
Virgil van Dijk provided Liverpool with a potential boost ahead of their Club World Cup final against Flamengo by training on Friday.
Illness sees Van Dijk miss Club World Cup semi-final
The defender, who has played every minute of the Reds' Premier League campaign, felt ill the day before the semi-final against Monterrey and was absent as the Reds recorded a 2-1 victory.
With Joe Gomez the only other senior centre-back in the squad, Jordan Henderson partnered his fellow England international in the heart of defence.
Klopp: "No clue" whether Van Dijk back for Flamengo final
Boss Jürgen Klopp said after the game he had "no clue" whether Van Dijk would be back for Saturday's final in Doha.
However, the Dutchman was out training with his Liverpool colleagues on Friday in the portion of the session open to the media.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP