Neymar's value falls for the first time in his career
Online player value portal Transfermarkt have dropped the worth of the Brazilian player for the first time in his playing career.
Almost eleven years since embarking on his professional career, the market value of Neymar Jr. has fallen for the first time with online specialists Transfermarkt. Since joining PSG, the Brazilian has experienced some silverware success with the Parisian giants but has also seen his time in the French capital tarnished with off the field controversy.
In February 2009, a month before making his professional first team debut with Santos, Neymar first figured on the Transfermarkt listing with a price of 17 million euro allocated to the Brazilian's signature. Shortly after, interest from Spain started to commence with many calling the player the "new Pelé".
At the time of his move to FC Barcelona in 2013, his market value was quoted at 50 million euro and it was during his time with the Catalan club that Neymar exploded, propelling him to global star that we know today.
Neymar's market evolution
Some four later (in 2017) just before his summer move to PSG, his market value was quoted at 100 million euro, an inferior sume to what the Ligue 1 spend on his services when he moved to Paris for a fee of 222 million euro. That same year the player saw his value peak at a high of 180 million euro.
Despite the figures used by Transfermarkt being estimations based on a series of contributing factors, the player's trajectory has never seen a downward trend...until now. Injuries and a series of off the field problems have all contributed to this situation as his value drops from 180 million to 160 million euro.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder of George Floyd, updates, reaction
- George Floyd Derek Chauvin jury verdict live online: George Floyd Death Trial | Deliberation, possible charges...
- US News Unemployment benefits: What state has the best payments?
- NFL Dallas Cowboys in the 2021 NFL Draft: What players could they take?
- NFL Green Bay Packers at the NFL Draft 2021: What players could they pick?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin verdict: final conviction, charges and what will happen now?