Barça: Valverde not expecting January sales as Todibo returns
Jean-Clair Todibo has returned to Barcelona's squad and Ernesto Valverde is not planning for him, or anyone else, to leave next month.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde does not foresee any of his players departing in January, with Milan-linked defender Jean-Clair Todibo returning to the squad for Saturday's game against Deportivo Alavés.
Todibo, Vidal tipped for January Barcelona exits
Todibo, 19, has played just 77 minutes in LaLiga for Valverde's side this season, and his only start came against Sevilla back in October.
That has led to speculation the Frenchman could be jettisoned to Serie A club Milan next month, though Valverde included Todibo in the 20-man squad Barca named on Friday.
Arturo Vidal is another player who has been linked with a move away from Camp Nou, with reports claiming the Chile international stormed out of training upon leaning he would not be starting Wednesday's Clásico.
However, Valverde does not expect to lose Todibo or Vidal in the next window as he looks to deliver a third straight LaLiga title.
"I'm really happy with the players I've got," he told a news conference. "I don't expect any modifications."
Though Todibo and Vidal were both named in the group to face Alavés, teenager Ansu Fati was not included. The club later confirmed Fati faced a spell on the sidelines with a hip problem.
Valverde expects Busquets to be back against Alavés
Sergio Busquets missed the goalless draw with Real Madrid because of illness, though Valverde expects the midfielder to return this weekend.
"I hope so; he trained normally today," Valverde said. "The fever seems to have gone away, he should be able to play."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71