Atlético Madrid make a push for Matic
The Serbian midfielder finishes his contract with Mancheser United in June and Atlético see it as a perfect transfer market opportunity, too good to pass up.
Atlético Madrid are keeping tabs on Nemanja Matic, Manchester United's Serbian midfielder, who finishes his contract with the club in June. Simeone wants to add a verteran to his squad like Herrera and Felipe and Matic fits the bill.
Di Marzio says the club have upped their pursuit of the 31-year-old and there are other clubs, such as AC Milan, keeping an eye on him too.
Atlético are willing to bring him in during the winter transfer market. The LaLiga side might be faced with a problem in that United are not willing to part company with any of their players at such an important time for the club. He has only played in seven games this season, 520 minutes, and didn't play from September to December due to a foot injury.
The other issue is that Atlético need a striker. At the moment, that is the only burning desire Atlético have and everything else is considered secondary. They want a cheap attacker who can score goals since Diego Costa went down with a back injury.
Striker first and everything else after that. But the opportunites that arise in the transfer market have to be taken advantage of and Matic's expiring contract might be too good to turn away from.
Te recomendamos en English
- Varane takes blame for defeat to Manchester City
- I am the coach of Real Madrid, that's it – Zidane dismisses doubts over his future
- Champions League Lyon knock Cristiano Ronaldo out of Champions League again
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor