Barcelona papers make their Christmas requests
After a Clásico performance that left plenty to be desired, the Catalan press go into the weekend fixtures focusing on the positives.
It seems that in Barcelona the idea is to see the glass half full following their limited Clásico showing on Wednesday. At least, that's what the front covers of the local sports dailies are doing on Saturday morning.
Barcelona press focus on positives
Ahead of the league match with Alavés - one you can follow live right here - Mundo Deportivo went with the title splash "unbeaten" across its cover. Their focus is on the entire year, pointing out that Barça can close out 2019 without losing a single game at the Camp Nou. A draw is clearly enough to clinch that particular accolade but dropping two points would, in reality, not be acceptable as the title race with bitter rivals Real Madrid hotting up.
Across at Sport, meanwhile, there is a front page request that Barça reach the start of 2020 still in LaLiga's top spot, and a nod back to the memory of that 'Sextete' team, with than-and-now talisman Lionel Messi getting special mention.
L'Esportiu, for their part, have asked that everyone has a peaceful holiday period, and that would be assisted if Barça can secure the three points, leaving the fans with a good taste in their mouth.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP