Real Madrid: 'no chance' of signing Pogba in January
Real Madrid reportedly know it is unlikely they will be able to sign Paul Pogba when the transfer window opens next month.
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is coveted at the Santiago Bernabeu.
His French connection with Zinedine Zidane means there is constant speculation.
However, Pogba is set to remain at United for the time being.
TOP STORY – MADRID GIVE UP ON POGBA… FOR NOW
LaLiga giants Real Madrid will not sign Manchester United star Paul Pogba in January, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Pogba – still recovering from injury – continues to be linked with Madrid amid doubts over his United future.
Madrid, however, recognise there is "no chance" of prising the Frenchman from Old Trafford in the New Year.
ROUND-UP: Todibo, Dries Martens, Iniesta
Desde el Real Madrid reconocen que no hay “ninguna posibilidad” de que Paul Pogba llegue en el mercado de invierno y el Manchester United se niega a venderlo— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) December 20, 2019
por @pepegilvernet https://t.co/nzg0yBpOna
- A return to Chelsea for Bournemouth's Nathan Ake looks likely, claims Bleacher Report. Chelsea have a £40million buyback clause for Ake, who left Stamford Bridge permanently in 2017. Manchester City have also been linked to the 24-year-old defender.
- Barcelona defender Jean-Clair Todibo has turned down a move to Milan, reports RMC. The 19-year-old has also been linked to Ligue 1 outfit Monaco and Premier League giants Manchester United.
- Qatari outfit Al Rayyan have re-opened talks with Juventus regarding the transfer of out-of-favour striker Mario Mandzukic, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. United and Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund are also reportedly interested in the veteran Croatian.
- Napoli have offered Dries Mertens a two-year contract extension, says Sky Sport Italia. The Belgian, who is out of contract at season's end, has been the subject of reported interest from Dortmund.
- Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain want to swap Leandro Paredes for Juventus midfielder Emre Can, reports the Daily Mail.
- La Nazione says Fiorentina are looking to bring former Milan striker Patrick Cutrone back to Serie A. The Italian left San Siro for Premier League side Wolves at the start of the season.
- Former Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta is in talks to join Javier Mascherano at Argentine outfit Estudiantes. Iniesta currently plays for Vissel Kobe in Japan, however, TNT Sports claims the 35-year-old midfielder could move in 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news