Real Madrid: James out but Zidane hands Brahim a chance
Marcelo, Eden Hazard, Lucas Vázquez and Marco Asensio remain out with injuries while Álvaro Odriozola and Mariano are omitted again.
Zinedine Zidane has elected not to call James Rodríguez into his Real Madrid squad for the visit of Athletic Bilbao on Sunday after the Colombia midfielder returned to full training this week but the Frenchman has included Brahim Díaz for just the fourth time this season, giving the 20-year-old former Manchester City attacking midfielder the opportunity to stake his claim to remain at the Bernabéu beyond January.
Two players who seemingly have absolutely no future as long as Zidane remains at the helm are Mariano and Álvaro Odriozola, both of whom have been omitted despite being fit. The striker has not played a competitive minute this season and has only made the bench once while the right back has dropped down the pecking order with the return to action of Zidane’s favourite utility man, Nacho, who will provide cover for Dani Carvajal or Benjamin Mendy if required against Athletic.
Marcelo, Eden Hazard, Lucas Vázquez and Marco Asensio remain out with injuries so Zidane’s squad is largely unchanged from the 0-0 draw in Camp Nou during midweek, with only Casemiro missing after he picked up a fifth yellow against Barça forcing him to serve a one-match suspension on Sunday.
Real Madrid squad for Athletic Bilbao:
Keepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Mendy.
Centrocampistas: Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Brahim, Isco.
Delanteros: Benzema, Bale, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online