Sane: Bayern Munich not planning January move for Man City star
Hasan Salihamidzic does not think it likely Leroy Sane will join Bayern Munich next month, although he says their options are open.
Bayern Munich are unlikely to sign Manchester City winger Leroy Sané in January, according to sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic.
The Bundesliga champions were tipped to try to bring Sane to the Allianz Arena in the previous transfer window before a serious knee injury prevented any potential deal.
Bild reported this week that Sané would be keen on moving to Bayern in the January window, even though he is unlikely to be fully fit again until the spring.
Salihamidzic, though, does not think it likely there will be much movement in the market next month.
"It's not good to speak about players from other clubs," he told Sky ahead of Bayern's clash with Wolfsburg on Saturday.
"We will leave all options open for us in the transfer market, but I don't think much will happen."
Flick: Sané transfer "not an issue"
Speaking this week, interim Bayern boss Hansi Flick said the Sane talk was "not an issue" as he promised to focus on ending 2019 with a positive result.
Bayern beat Wolfsburg 2-0 on Saturday to move to within four points of Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig and two behind second-placed Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City