AC Milan: Atalanta thrashing worst Serie A loss for 21 years
Not since 1998 had AC Milan suffered a worse loss in Serie A than they did to Atalanta on Sunday - a new low for the club this season.
Milan's 5-0 hammering at the hands of Atalanta was their worst defeat in Serie A for 21 years.
Josip Ilicic scored twice, while Alejandro Gómez, Mario Pasalic and Luis Muriel were also on target for the rampant hosts in Bergamo.
Pioli on thin ice at San Siro
5 - AC Milan have lost a Serie A game with at least 5 goal margin for the fourth time in their history; the join-worst defeat in the competition (the last was back in May 1998 vs Roma). Crushed. #AtalantaMilan— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 22, 2019
It was a day Stefano Pioli and his dejected Rossoneri will want to forget and it marked just the fourth time in the club's history they have been beaten by a five-goal margin.
The last such instance was in May 1998 when Roma hammered Milan in the capital with goals from Vincent Candela, Luigi Di Biagio (2), Paulo Sergio and Marco Delvecchio.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby