Real Madrid: Deyna Castellanos in line to join CD Tacon
The Venezuelan star's agents have been in talks at Real Madrid's offices but Atlético and Barcelona are also hopeful of landing the 20-year-old striker.
CD Tacon are hopeful of tying up a deal for 20-year-old Venezuela international striker Deyna Castellanos, although Barcelona and Atlético Madrid are also monitoring the situation as the Florida State Seminoles star prepares to make the transition from college football to the professional leagues, with Spain her most likely destination.
Castellanos shot to fame in 2017 when she was nominated for The Best FIFA Football Awards and the Puskas Award, where she finished third behind eventual winner Olivier Giroud. At college level, she won a raft of awards this season and is being courted by the Liga Iberdrola’s biggest spenders. Real Madrid, who this season are playing as CD Tacon but will become part of the Bernabéu set-up officially ahead of the 2020-21 season, appear to have stolen a march on their rivals after Castellanos’ agents MKTJersey, who started representing her earlier this month, posted on social media after a meeting at Real Madrid’s offices on 21 December.
Castellanos prolific at international level
Sports Business meeting at La Casa Blanca. Un placer escuchar el futuro del proyecto femenino @realmadrid Otra prueba irrefutable de que el fútbol femenino está entrando una era sin precedente @oscargonzalezpe #WSoccer #OwnTheJersey pic.twitter.com/qLbbua8L5o— Guillermo Zamarripa (@thinkfuera) 21 de diciembre de 2019
Castellanos has not played club football professionally but is already a star of the Venezuela women’s team, netting four times against Bolivia at the 2018 Copa América Femenina after scoring 35 times in 39 games for the under-17s, with whom she won two South American Championships.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS