Sky Italia: Atlético Madrid sign Cavani on three year deal
The Uruguayan striker has reportedly penned a three year deal with Atleti and could even leave the Ligue 1 side during the winter market.
It appears the Diego Simeone will soon be adding more firepower to his stuttering striking line with Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio confirming that PSG striker Edinson Cavani and Atlético Madrid have agreed terms which will see the Uruguayan move to Madrid on a three year deal.
At yet, it's not confirmed when the striker will join the LaLiga side. He will be a free agent come June 30th (2020) and there is speculation that he could bring forward his start to life at Atleti with the Spanish paying a symbolic quantity to bring the move forward.
Cavani has found the net in every league he has played in with impressive striking statistics with Italian sides Palermo and Napoli before his move to Paris. The Uruguayan has found the back of the net 387 times in his 661 career matches. With the likes of Mauro Icardi, Neymar Junior and Kylian Mbappé offering stern competition for a place at PSG, the 32-year-old Uruguayan has been granted less and less playing time under German boss Thomas Tuchel.
Atleti currently boast a striking arsenal of Morata, Diego Costa, João Félix, Correa and Saponjic but it's understood that at least one of these will exit to accommodate the arrival of the Uruguayan.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo