Arsenal lining up two transfer targets for new coach Arteta
Arsenal have been linked to Napoli's Dries Mertens and Bayer Leverkusen forward Kevin Volland ahead of the January transfer window.
Mikel Arteta officially started work at Arsenal on Sunday and appears set to get busy in the transfer market.
The Gunners reportedly have two targets in their sights, including a Serie A star.
Arsenal could do with an injection of excitement after slipping to 11th in the Premier League following their lacklustre goalless draw at Everton.
TOP STORY – GUNNERS EYE MERTENS AND VOLLAND
Among the players Arsenal admire is Napoli mainstay Dries Mertens, according to CalcioMercato.
Mertens, on target five times in the Champions League this term, will be available on a free at the end of the season.
Borussia Dortmund are also said to be interested in the 32-year-old, potentially forcing Arsenal to look elsewhere for reinforcements.
That could result in them launching a bid for Kevin Volland. Sky Sports News says the Gunners have sent scouts to watch the Bayer Leverkusen forward and will put his name to new boss Arteta for consideration.
- Paolo Maldini's position as Milan technical director is "in the balance" following the embarrassing 5-0 loss to Atalanta, claims CalcioMercato. The Rossoneri are languishing in 11th.
- Manchester United and multiple Bundesliga clubs are tracking teenage Birmingham City midfielder Jude Bellingham, reports The Telegraph.
- German newspaper Bild believes goalkeeper Alexander Nubel will join Bayern Munich at the end of the season after announcing his decision to leave Schalke on a free. According to Sport1, his arrival at Allianz Arena could lead to Sven Ulreich's exit.
- Ligue 1 side Monaco have identified Marcelo Gallardo, Laurent Blanc and Marcelino as potential replacements for the under-pressure Leonardo Jardim, according to L'Equipe.
- Juventus outcast Mario Mandzukic is set to seal a switch from the Serie A champions to Qatari side Al-Duhail, reports Sky Sport Italia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Social media Twitter attack: Obama, Biden, Apple and Elon Musk accounts hacked
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Liverpool player ratings vs Arsenal as champions lose 2-1 at the Emirates
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Arsenal player ratings vs Liverpool as Arteta ends Klopp's points record bid
- 2022 World Cup Javier Mascherano set to share his Generation Amazing experience
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment payments $600: are they exempt from tax?