Iniesta: Veron wants talks with Vissel over former Barca star
The White Knight has been linked with a reunion with his former Barcelona team-mate Javier Mascherano at Estudiantes in Argentina.
Estudiantes president Juan Sebastian Verón confirmed talks have taken place with Vissel Kobe captain Andrés Iniesta over a switch to the Argentine club.
Spanish great Iniesta has been linked to a reunion with former Barcelona team-mate Javier Mascherano at Estudiantes.
The 35-year-old Iniesta – contracted to Vissel until 2021 – has called Japan home since leaving LaLiga giants Barca in 2018.
Amid growing links to Estudiantes – where ex-Barca defender Gabriel Milito is head coach – after Mascherano arrived from Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortuna, Verón insisted negotiations are yet to take place.
Verón: "Trying to sign Iniesta is something that people will not forget about"
"Today, we can't say that there are negotiations with Iniesta," Verón told La Oral Deportiva. "[But] yes, there are talks.
"[Trying to sign] Iniesta is something that people will not forget about, regardless of whether it materialises or not."
Veron added: "Having Javier in the club is an important fact, not only for Estudiantes but also for Argentine football, for all that he is as a person and a professional."
Iniesta has scored 10 goals since joining Vissel, who also boast Lukas Podolski, Thomas Vermaelen and Sergi Samper, while David Villa retired at the end of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS Coronavirus US: is it possible to travel without restrictions after the vaccine?
- TAX DAY 2021 What time is the deadline on 17 May for tax filing 2021?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in California