Liverpool frustrated with over zealous FIFA stewards
Reds players and backroom staff were impeded from celebrating their Club WC win with their fans at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha.
Roberto Firmino's extra time goal in Doha on Saturday saw Liverpool claim their first ever Club World Cup trophy at the expense of Brazilian side Flamengo. After Jordan Henderson lifted the cup, the Liverpool squad progressed to the corner or the Khalifa International Stadium where approximately 1.500 of their supporters were located.
Each time the players tried to move closer to share their joy with jubilant Reds fans by crossing the advertising perimeters, they found their paths impeded by over zealous FIFA stewards who ushered the team back to the pitch area.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp too was prevented from attempting in approaching the sector of supporters behind behind the goal as FIFA representatives stepped in and moved the German coach towards the pitch.The policy causing frustration for Liverpool representatives who later branded the policy by the organisers as ‘ridiculous’.
Te recomendamos en English
- India news Indian schools and colleges remain closed but children are expected to study at home
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Haaland says Dortmund boy wonder Moukoko is 'a lot better than I was'
- World Cup 2022 Work continuing non-stop at Lusail Stadium, host of the World Cup final 2022
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern hopeful on new Alaba deal; want fair price for Thiago
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid change plan and want Dani Ceballos to return