Liverpool frustrated with over zealous FIFA stewards
Reds players and backroom staff were impeded from celebrating their Club WC win with their fans at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha.
Roberto Firmino's extra time goal in Doha on Saturday saw Liverpool claim their first ever Club World Cup trophy at the expense of Brazilian side Flamengo. After Jordan Henderson lifted the cup, the Liverpool squad progressed to the corner or the Khalifa International Stadium where approximately 1.500 of their supporters were located.
Each time the players tried to move closer to share their joy with jubilant Reds fans by crossing the advertising perimeters, they found their paths impeded by over zealous FIFA stewards who ushered the team back to the pitch area.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp too was prevented from attempting in approaching the sector of supporters behind behind the goal as FIFA representatives stepped in and moved the German coach towards the pitch.The policy causing frustration for Liverpool representatives who later branded the policy by the organisers as ‘ridiculous’.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms