Mandzukic moves to Qatar's Al Duhail from Juventus
Al Duhail have signed Croatia international striker Mario Mandzukic on a free transfer from Italian Serie A champions Juventus, the Qatar Stars League leaders announced
The 33-year-old Croatian striker had been linked by the British media with a move to Premier League side Manchester United but will continue his career in the Qatari top flight having terminated his deal with Juventus, which was due to expire in June 2021.
Mandzukic scored 44 goals in 162 games in all competitions for Juventus after joining them from Spain's Atletico Madrid in 2014, but has not featured in the current campaign under manager Maurizio Sarri.
He has previously played for German sides Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg among other clubs.
Mandzukic helped Croatia reach the final of the World Cup in Russia last year and scored in their 4-2 defeat by France in the title clash.
Al Duhail, who lead the Qatari top flight with 29 points after going 11 games unbeaten, are coached by Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho's long-time lieutenant Rui Faria.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Barcelona converts car park into a temporary morgue
- Coronavirus What is the name of the coronavirus: Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: What are the risk groups?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: global confirmed cases of Covid-19 pass 1,000,000
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: UK Government urged to tax clubs refusing to cut wages
- LaLiga Coronavirus: Atletico Madrid cut player wages by 70 per cent