Odegaard poised for Real Madrid return in June 2020
The Santiago Bernabéu outfit have decided to bring the Norwegian player back to the capital despite being on loan with Real Sociedad through to 2021.
Norwegian Martin Odegaard has been one of the stand-out players in the first half of the 2019-20 LaLiga season, so much so that his performances have prompted parent club Real Madrid to bring forward the 21-year-old's return to Spanish capital.
The midfielder moved to Real Sociedad initially on a two season loan deal this summer after rejecting a move to Bayer Leverkusen. The influence of his agent and former La Real player Bjørn Tore Kvarme being instrumental in seeing the Norwegian move to San Sebastian rather than Germany after his time in the Dutch top flight with Heerenveen and Vitesse.
Few expected the player to explode this season as he has and despite Real Madrid officials claiming that they always say the player's potential, the initial deal between both clubs in the summer of 2019 saw Odegaard's loan deal with the Basque side drafted as a two seasons move.
The player's name came up in the recent lunch between both president's ahead of the LaLiga match at the Bernabéu in November and Madrid are optimistic that they will be able to recruit Odegaard for the 2020-21 campaign given the cordial institutional relationship that exists between both clubs with players such as Illarramendi, Diego Llorente, Theo moving from the capital to the Basque side in the recent past.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?