United turn tables on Newcastle to move up to seventh
Anthony Martial was on target twice as Manchester United bounced back in style after going behind against Newcastle United at Old Trafford.
Anthony Martial scored twice as Manchester United hit back in emphatic fashion from a rocky start against Newcastle United to open their Christmas programme with a 4-1 victory at Old Trafford on Thursday.
United respond with three goals in 45 minutes
Teenager Matty Longstaff had given Newcastle a surprise 17th-minute lead - reviving memories of his winner against United in the reverse fixture at St James' Park this season. But the hosts struck three times before half-time. Anthony Martial's shot crept in at the near post six minutes later to calm the Old Trafford jitters and youngster Mason Greenwood thumped home a second before Marcus Rashford's header put the hosts in control.
Martial.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2019
🎩✨ Magic. pic.twitter.com/EZ3llm08Hp
Pogba comes on as second half sub
Newcastle hardly helped themselves with some dreadful defending and they gifted Martial a second goal in the 51st minute to make the result a formality. United could have scored more with Paul Pogba making an appearance off the bench and almost adding a fifth. It was the perfect response to last weekend's 2-0 defeat by Watford for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side who are in seventh spot with 28 points, four behind fourth-placed Chelsea. Newcastle are 10th with 25 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia