Liverpool savage Leicester to soar 13 points clear
Fresh back from winning the Club World Cup in Doha, Klopp's Reds made short work of tonight's trip to Leicester - Firmino, Milner and Alexander Arnold among the goals.
An inspirational Liverpool moved 13 points clear at the top of the Premier League after Roberto Firmino struck twice in an emphatic 4-0 win at second-placed Leicester City. The victory was largely down to the performance of attacking right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold who created three goals and scored one himself. Popping up in the inside-left position, Alexander-Arnold floated a pinpoint cross to the backpost for Brazilian Firmino to head Liverpool into the lead in the 31st minute at the King Power stadium.
Milner doubles the lead from the spot
Liverpool were utterly dominant but had to wait until the 71st minute to extend their lead when Alexander-Arnold's corner was handled by Caglar Soyuncu and substitute James Milner slotted home the penalty with his first touch of the ball.
Firmino then made it 3-0, collecting and firing home a powerfully struck low-cross from Alexander-Arnold before the 21-year-old rounded off the rout, hammering a low shot into the far, bottom corner at the end of a swift counter-attack.
City in action tomorrow
The result leaves Liverpool on 52 points from 18 games and 13 points clear at the top of the table. Leicester sit second on 39 points from 19 matches. Manchester City are 14 points behind the leaders before their game at Wolves tomorrow evening - Klopps team also face Wolves this weekend, at Anfield on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Election 2020 USA election 2020 Biden - Trump presidential debate live online
- US ELECTION USA election 2020: who won the first debate in 2016?
- Coronavirus Covid-19 surges continue in India as caseload surpasses 6 million
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?
- US ELECTION The Biden-Trump debate: what is the format and what topics will be covered?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news