Manchester United's McTominay earns fastest yellow card in Premier League history
Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay went into the ref's notebook after just 24 seconds in tonight's meeting with Newcastle United.
Scott McTominay unwittingly made Premier League history as Manchester United ran out 4-1 winners against Newcastle United this evening. The Scotland international was booked just 24 seconds into the fixture at Old Trafford when he caught Sean Longstaff with his studs high.
24 - Scott McTominay's booking after just 24 seconds is the fastest yellow card given in a Premier League match since exact time data has been collected for bookings in the competition (2006-07). Overzealous. #MUNNEW pic.twitter.com/sDXp4oqdgt— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 26, 2019
McTominay booked by Friend
Referee Kevin Friend showed McTominay a yellow card, the quickest a booking had been issued in a Premier League match since 2006-07, when exact time data began being collected. McTominay was still slower than Vinnie Jones, who had the ref fishing into his top pocket after just five seconds in the meeting between Sheffield United and Manchester City back in 1992.
United fell behind to a goal from Sean's brother, Matty Longstaff, before Anthony Martial equalised and Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford gave the hosts a 3-1 lead at the break. Martial rounded off the scoring six minutes after the restart to give United all three points and put them four points off the last Champions League place in the table.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?