Official: Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan
The Italian club confirmed on social media that the 38-year-old Swedish striker will return to Europe: "I'm coming back to a city I love," Ibra said.
It's official: Zlatan Ibrahimovic is returning to AC Milan. The Rossoneri issued a statement this evening to confirm that all of the rumours that were doing the rounds yesterday are true. Ibra will sign a contract for the rest of this season plus the option of an extra year, depending on whether he completes a set of performance-related objectives.
Ibrahimovic's dream return to Milan
For Ibrahimovic, returning to Serie A is a dream come true. He spent two seasons in Milan (2010/11 and 2011/12), and was one of the key figures in the club's last Scudetto in 2011 as well as the Italian Supercoppa triumph. In Milan he scored 56 goals in 85 games. "I am returning to a club that I respect very much and I city that I love", Ibrahimovic said, "I'll fight together with my team mates to change the team's fortunes this seasonand I will give everything to reach our objectives".
Milan's new signing is set to arrive on 2 January to undergo a medical and following that, will be formally presented by his new employers. With Ibra back on board, Milan hope they can make their way back up the table where they sit in 11th place - 14 points off fourth place, the last Champions League berth.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Resident Evil Village demo: date, times, how to play on PS4/PS5, Xbox and PC
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?