Barcelona loan Aleña to Real Betis until end of season
Carles Aleña has struggled for minutes at Barcelona this season and will spend the second half of the campaign with Real Betis.
Barcelona have sent young midfielder Carles Aleña on loan to fellow LaLiga club Real Betis until the end of the season.
Spain Under-21 international Aleña started Barca's first league game of the campaign but has struggled for playing time since, featuring just three more times in the top flight.
Speaking this month, head coach Ernesto Valverde admitted he would have liked to have used Aleña more often this term given his impressive display against Inter in the Champions League.
The 21-year-old, who worked his way through the academy ranks and has made 39 first-team appearances, will now link up with Betis for the second half of 2019-20.
The six-month loan deal, confirmed on Barcelona's official website on Saturday, does not include any purchase option.
Aleña is in line to make his debut for 13th-place Betis away at Deportivo Alaves on January 5.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What has the White House said about a fourth stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS Israeli forces continue attack on Gaza Strip: Why are Israel and Palestine at war?
- US NEWS $50 stimulus to pay internet bill eligibility: who can get it?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Champions League final | Sam Kerr speaks ahead of Chelsea vs Barcelona
- LALIGA Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: result, summary, goals | LaLiga
- NBA Jokic a worthy MVP favourite, but don't count out Embiid