Why not? Jimenez eyes Liverpool scalp after Man City upset
Wolves Portuguese forward Raul Jimenez wants another surprise victory at Liverpool after beating Manchester City.
Raul Jimenez hopes Wolves can repeat their upset win over Manchester City when they visit Liverpool on Sunday.
Wolves stunned City 3-2 in the Premier League on Friday, denting the champions' title chances while moving up to fifth in the table.
Jimenez, who scored the equaliser as Wolves came from 2-0 down, hopes his team can deliver again when they make the trip to Anfield.
"Why not?" the forward said, via the club's website, about repeating the result. IIt will be a tough game, but we know that."
Trailing 2-0 and playing against 10 men, Wolves scored through Adama Traore before Jimenez's equaliser and Matt Doherty's 89th-minute winner.
Jimenez praised his team, who also recorded a 2-0 win over City in October.
Our first double of the season. And what a way to do it.— Wolves (@Wolves) December 27, 2019
"It's never easy to come back from two goals, especially against a team like Manchester City," he said. It's difficult, but with our heart and our football, we knew this was a very good opportunity for us to win this game. It wasn't a perfect match, but we played very well against a very good team in Manchester City. It's difficult to win or even draw against them, but we've won both games.
"So, we are very excited, very happy, and we will enjoy this."
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill