PSG accept Juventus Can-Paredes swap but also want De Sciglio
The Ligue 1 champions have reportedly agreed to swap Leandro Paredes for Emre Can, but only if Juventus throw in Italy international Mattia de Sciglio.
Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain have reached an agreement for a good old-fashioned swap deal involving Leandro Paredes and Emre Can, but the Ligue 1 side have upped the ante and asked for Italy international Mattia de Sciglio to be included in the arrangement.
Juventus are eager to get Can off the books with the former Liverpool midfielder completely out of favour at the Allianz Stadium and see the addition of Paredes, who offers a more versatile set of midfield skills than Can, a more defensive player by nature. However, the Old Lady are unlikely to be too keen on losing De Sciglio, who can operate in both full back positions and while not a regular starter in Turin offers a useful back-up for Maurizio Sarri.
Paredes in good standing at PSG
According to reports in Italy, PSG have been tracking the 27-year-old since last summer and De Sciglio may be open to the idea if it means more playing time with the European Championships on the horizon. Corriere di Torino stated that Juve will only consider a loan deal for now until the end of the season, with a purchase option included.
Paredes on the other hand has seen plenty of action in Paris this season after arriving from Zenit during an injury crisis last January for a fee of €45million. The Argentina international has made 15 appearances for Thomas Tuchel’s side and played every minute of every game for his country at the 2019 Copa América. He has also been included in every Argentina squad since and may not view a move to Juve at this stage as eagerly as Can will a transfer in the other direction.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image