Liverpool accelerate Osimhen signing
Reports in France state that Jürgen Klopp is a huge admirer of the Nigerian striker and the club is negotiating with Lille to secure an Anfield transfer.
Victor Osimhen has been one of the great revelations of Ligue 1 this season. Lille signed him in the summer as back-up for Rafael Leao and, in just four months, the Nigerian has more than met their expectations, and grabbed the attention of a number of European giants.
Liverpool lining up Lille's Osimhen
According to reports in Foot-Mercato, Liverpool have begun negotiations to sign the 21-year-old forward, with Jürgen Klopp a big admirer of what he can bring to his attacking line-up. Standing at 1.85 metres, he has a powerful aerial presence and is a useful weapon bursting into space at speed. His rapid development in France has been spectacular, with him bagging 10 goals in 18 Ligue 1 matches.
Lille, for their part, do not want one of their new stars to leave without significant compensation. They landed Osimhen for €12 million but have already made it clear that it will take a lot more to prise him away, especially so early into his new contract. The French club forced €80 million out of Arsenal in the summer for Nicolas Pepe.
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid Mount on Chelsea win over Real Madrid: We should've had five!
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's boxing record?
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather's boxing record?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES US supports waiving vaccine patents: what does it mean and how will it affect the pandemic?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: when will the monthly payments begin?