Arsenal on worst home losing run in 60 years after Chelsea defeat
Chelsea snatched a dramatic victory at Arsenal, who have lost four straight matches at home for the first time since 1959.
Arsenal's poor form continued as they fell to a late 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on Sunday, consigning them to their worst losing run at home in 60 years.
Jorginho, Abraham score for Chelsea to beat Arsenal
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang gave Arsenal the lead in Mikel Arteta's first game in the Emirates Stadium dugout since being appointed head coach, but the hosts succumbed to strikes from Jorginho and Tammy Abraham inside the last seven minutes of normal time.
Four home games in a row for first time since 1959
It handed the Gunners a fourth straight home defeat in all competitions, something they last experienced in 1959.
1959 - Arsenal have lost four consecutive home matches in all competitions for the first time since December 1959. Collapse. pic.twitter.com/bCut4d8JCh— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 29, 2019
Arteta will hope he can stop the rot and claim a first win in charge when Manchester United visit the Emirates on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win