Liverpool: 50 Premier League matches unbeaten at Anfield
Premier League leaders Liverpool are now unbeaten in 50 successive top-flight matches at Anfield following Sunday's win over Wolves.
Liverpool chalked up 50 top-flight games unbeaten at home for the second time in their history after they beat Wolves 1-0 at Anfield on Sunday.
The runaway Premier League leaders extended the gap at the top to 13 points thanks to Sadio Mané's goal, albeit Wolves had an equaliser controversially disallowed by VAR.
It brings up a half-century of successive league matches at Anfield without a defeat for Jürgen Klopp's side, who have won 40 games and drawn the remaining 10 and last lost on home turf in the league in a 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace in April 2017.
Reds went 63 home league games unbeaten between '78 and '80
Liverpool have achieved the feat previously, going 63 league games unbeaten at home between 1978 and 1980.
50 - Liverpool are now unbeaten in 50 home league games (W40 D10); this is only the third time any side has gone 50+ home matches without defeat in English top-flight history, after Chelsea (86 between 2004-2008) and Liverpool themselves (63 between 1978-1980). Innings. pic.twitter.com/wTwcSOMnrI— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 29, 2019
Liverpool still 46 short of Chelsea's record run
The record such run is held by Chelsea, who did not lose any of 86 consecutive league matches at Stamford Bridge between 2004 and 2008.
Sunday's result also ensured the European champions lost just once in the Premier League in 2019 – a 2-1 defeat to Manchester City on January 3, in their first match of the year.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?