Inter Miami add Román Torres to 2020 squad
The 33-year-old Panama international moves to the new MLS franchise as a free agent as the Miami side build their squad for the debut season.
After four years with Seattle Sounders, Panamanian international Román Torres has joined Inter Miami ahead of their debut season in MLS.
Capped on 118 occasions by Panama, Torres captained and played every minute of the Central American country's historic World Cup appearance in Russia 2018 and won two MLS Cup's with Seattle in his time with the Washington State outfit and joins the Miami side as a free agent.
After confirming the move to Florida, Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough stated: “Román is an established leader whose quality, winning mentality and experience have led him to win multiple MLS titles. He was the captain that helped Panama qualify for their first-ever World Cup and earn numerous individual recognition,”He will solidify our backline and add leadership to Inter Miami ahead of the historic inaugural season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022