Inter Miami add Román Torres to 2020 squad
The 33-year-old Panama international moves to the new MLS franchise as a free agent as the Miami side build their squad for the debut season.
After four years with Seattle Sounders, Panamanian international Román Torres has joined Inter Miami ahead of their debut season in MLS.
Capped on 118 occasions by Panama, Torres captained and played every minute of the Central American country's historic World Cup appearance in Russia 2018 and won two MLS Cup's with Seattle in his time with the Washington State outfit and joins the Miami side as a free agent.
After confirming the move to Florida, Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough stated: “Román is an established leader whose quality, winning mentality and experience have led him to win multiple MLS titles. He was the captain that helped Panama qualify for their first-ever World Cup and earn numerous individual recognition,”He will solidify our backline and add leadership to Inter Miami ahead of the historic inaugural season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return