Inter Miami add Román Torres to 2020 squad
The 33-year-old Panama international moves to the new MLS franchise as a free agent as the Miami side build their squad for the debut season.
After four years with Seattle Sounders, Panamanian international Román Torres has joined Inter Miami ahead of their debut season in MLS.
Capped on 118 occasions by Panama, Torres captained and played every minute of the Central American country's historic World Cup appearance in Russia 2018 and won two MLS Cup's with Seattle in his time with the Washington State outfit and joins the Miami side as a free agent.
After confirming the move to Florida, Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough stated: “Román is an established leader whose quality, winning mentality and experience have led him to win multiple MLS titles. He was the captain that helped Panama qualify for their first-ever World Cup and earn numerous individual recognition,”He will solidify our backline and add leadership to Inter Miami ahead of the historic inaugural season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?