Real Madrid will have to pay to get Odegaard back next summer
Real Madrid will need to pay four million euro to break the initial two year deal as stipulated in the original agreement with Real Sociedad.
Martin Odegaard, it appears could have the final word on where the 2020-21 season takes him, whether to remain with the Basque side in the second season of the agreed loan period or return to the Santiago Bernabéu and fight for a starting place in next season's Real Madrid side.
As previously published in AS English, Real Madrid have already put the wheels in motion to secure a return for the Norwegian player next summer but Real Sociedad club representatives have confirmed that no-one from the Bernabéu side has established contact with a view to ending the loan term sooner than the original two year term.
If Real Madrid do push the initiative to recover the 21-year-old after just one season of the deal, then a sub-clause of the term would be triggered and the club from the capital would be liable to pay a an administration related fine which could rise to as much as four million euro although given the cordial relationship that exist between both clubs, Real Madrid are optimistic that this fine could be waived or reduced.
Kubo a potential alternative
Another chapter in the saga could unfold with the Japanese version of Goal.com claiming that Takefusa Kubo could move to San Sebastian next summer if Real Madrid do press ahead and call time on Martin Odegaard's loan term a year ahead of the initially agreed term and bring the player back to the Spanish capital.
18-year-old Takefusa Kubo is enjoying a solid debut season in the Spanish league and has become a regular starter for Vicente Moreno in the Real Mallorca starting line-up having now played 969 minutes in 15 games for the Balearic island side and a natural replacement for the Norwegian.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo