Real Madrid will have to pay to get Odegaard back next summer
Real Madrid will need to pay four million euro to break the initial two year deal as stipulated in the original agreement with Real Sociedad.
Martin Odegaard, it appears could have the final word on where the 2020-21 season takes him, whether to remain with the Basque side in the second season of the agreed loan period or return to the Santiago Bernabéu and fight for a starting place in next season's Real Madrid side.
As previously published in AS English, Real Madrid have already put the wheels in motion to secure a return for the Norwegian player next summer but Real Sociedad club representatives have confirmed that no-one from the Bernabéu side has established contact with a view to ending the loan term sooner than the original two year term.
If Real Madrid do push the initiative to recover the 21-year-old after just one season of the deal, then a sub-clause of the term would be triggered and the club from the capital would be liable to pay a an administration related fine which could rise to as much as four million euro although given the cordial relationship that exist between both clubs, Real Madrid are optimistic that this fine could be waived or reduced.
Kubo a potential alternative
Another chapter in the saga could unfold with the Japanese version of Goal.com claiming that Takefusa Kubo could move to San Sebastian next summer if Real Madrid do press ahead and call time on Martin Odegaard's loan term a year ahead of the initially agreed term and bring the player back to the Spanish capital.
18-year-old Takefusa Kubo is enjoying a solid debut season in the Spanish league and has become a regular starter for Vicente Moreno in the Real Mallorca starting line-up having now played 969 minutes in 15 games for the Balearic island side and a natural replacement for the Norwegian.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane