Prince-Boateng: "Football is a business and we're just numbers"
The Fiorentina striker launched a scathing attack on the modern game: "The young kids drive their Mercedes and only think about PlayStation and Instagram."
Kevin-Prince Boateng has said that he doesn’t really enjoy football any more, that the sport has become little more than a business and that younger players are not interested in improving their skills due to the massive players they earn.
“Football is a business and players are just numbers,” the Fiorentina striker told Bild. “If you don’t perform, you’re replaced. It’s that simple. There is no loyalty and that’s sad. They should do a survey to find out how many players still like to train and how many still enjoy playing. It’s a professional job now. The pressure is enormous and it leads to players getting depression. There are times when I enjoy playing and others when I don’t.”
Prince-Boateng: "Football has changed, the same as society"
Prince-Boateng also had a few choice words for the younger generation of players, in line with his previous criticism of the amount of money being handed to teenagers in the modern game, while also admitting he speaks from experience about not making the most of a talent for football. “They don’t work to improve their skills and I know what I’m talking about because I threw it away several times. Some of them drive around in their Mercedes at 19 years old and they think that they have enough talent that they don’t have to do anything to improve. They don’t do extra training sessions, nothing. All they think about is playing PlayStation and looking at Instagram. They’re the last to arrive at training and the first to leave. Football has changed, the same as society.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?