Injured Barcelona pair Ter Stegen and Arthur facing time out
The goalkeeper is being treated for swelling to the tendon in his knee but the club have not confirmed how long he is expected to be sidelined.
Barcelona start the New Year with two key players out injured. This afternoon, the club issued a medical report on Arthur Melo and Marc-André Ter Stegen, both of whom are expected to miss the first game of 2020 - Saturday's trip to Espanyol.
Arthur out until the end of January
Arthur still has not returned to training and will be out for the next weeks while he recovers from a groin injury.He will miss the league games against Espanyol, Granada and Valencia as well as the Spanish Super Cup clash with Atlético on 9 January.
Ter Stegen meanwhile, has suffered an injury to the tendon in his right knee, a problem he picked up in Barça's last LaLiga game against Alavés and is still receiving treatment. Barcelona's Medical department explained simply that the keeper remains in the casualty list and his progress is being monitored, without giving an estimate as to how long he will be out of action.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match