Injured Barcelona pair Ter Stegen and Arthur facing time out
The goalkeeper is being treated for swelling to the tendon in his knee but the club have not confirmed how long he is expected to be sidelined.
Barcelona start the New Year with two key players out injured. This afternoon, the club issued a medical report on Arthur Melo and Marc-André Ter Stegen, both of whom are expected to miss the first game of 2020 - Saturday's trip to Espanyol.
Arthur out until the end of January
Arthur still has not returned to training and will be out for the next weeks while he recovers from a groin injury.He will miss the league games against Espanyol, Granada and Valencia as well as the Spanish Super Cup clash with Atlético on 9 January.
Ter Stegen meanwhile, has suffered an injury to the tendon in his right knee, a problem he picked up in Barça's last LaLiga game against Alavés and is still receiving treatment. Barcelona's Medical department explained simply that the keeper remains in the casualty list and his progress is being monitored, without giving an estimate as to how long he will be out of action.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live