Inter Miami appoint Alonso as first ever head coach
Diego Alonso, a two-time CONCACAF Champions League winner, will be Inter Miami's first head coach in MLS.
MLS expansion franchise Inter Miami have appointed Diego Alonso as their first head coach.
Inter - co-owned by former England captain David Beckham - will enter MLS in 2020 and have already made a host of signings, including Designated Player Matías Pellegrini, but had been without a coach until Monday.
Alonso out of work since Monterrey sacking four months after CONCACAF Champions League triumph
Ex-Monterrey boss Alonso was confirmed in the role, having been out of management since September.
Alonso, who was capped by Uruguay as a player, was sacked by Monterrey just four months after winning the CONCACAF Champions League - a title he also claimed with Pachuca in 2017.
The 44-year-old also won the 2016 Clausura in Liga MX with Pachuca.
Inter attracted by Alonso's "championship-winning mentality", says sporting director
Inter sporting director Paul McDonough said in a statement: "In Diego, we found a manager that fits our culture and has a strong desire to build a winning club for our fans.
"He brings a lot of experience and championship-winning mentality as we begin our drive to be among the best clubs in the Americas.
"We have big aspirations for our club and believe Diego has the right drive, passion and leadership to accomplish our goals."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?