The changing face of the Barcelona midfield
Aleñá has moved to Betis on loan; Vidal appears poised to leave and Arthur is still injured and Rakitic, who seemed certain to leave is now a key player.
The Barça midfield is in a constant state of flux with the imminent transfer market set to see more movement. Carles Aleñá has moved to Real Betis on a loan deal and it now appears that Arturo Vidal's days at the Catalan club are numbered with the Chilean being heavily linked with Inter. Brazilian Arthur is still out of action with no return date in sight as his ongoing groin problems persist.
With everything pointing to a summer departure, Ivan Rakitic has played his way into becoming a vital cog in the Barça central wheel alongside the likes of Busquets and De Jong.
One player who could benefit from the comings and goings is Sergi Roberto with the Reus born player previously used by Valverde as a utility player with the 27-year-old featuring at right back to cover the gap left by the injured Nelson Semedo.
Another player who could benefit from Vidal moving on is Riqui Puig. The Matadepera born has been in action this season primarily for Barça B despite being included in the recent Champions League expedition to Milan for the Inter game but was ultimately left out of the final 18 man squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- MLS Orlando City terminate Jonathan Suárez's contract