Lemar: Atlético Madrid confirm hamstring injury
Arsenal have been linked with a move for Atlético Madrid's Thomas Lemar, who is facing time out with a hamstring injury.
Atlético Madrid have confirmed Thomas Lemar sustained a hamstring injury in his side's 2-1 victory at Real Betis and he is unlikely to feature in Saturday's clash with Levante.
The France international was substituted after 57 minutes of Atleti's victory at Estadio Benito Villamarín, with his replacement Ángel Correa scoring the visitors' first goal one minute after coming on.
Lemar linked with Arsenal move this January
Lemar has been the subject of speculation linking him with a transfer to Arsenal in January and if Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is successful in luring him away from Madrid, the 24-year-old may have made his last appearance in an Atleti shirt.
A club statement released by Atleti on Tuesday confirmed Lemar has sustained damage to his right thigh, as shown by tests at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
[📋] PARTE MÉDICO— Atlético de Madrid (@Atleti) December 31, 2019
Lemar sufre una lesión en la musculatura isquiotibial del muslo derecho.
Atleti are uncertain how long Lemar will be sidelined.
Since arriving from Monaco in a deal worth 70m euros, Lemar has made 46 LaLiga appearances for Atlético, but he has struggled to hold down a regular place in Diego Simeone's team.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?