Guardiola: "Manchester City were the best club of the last decade"
"In terms of points, in terms goals, of trophies... everything. This team was the best," says Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola believes the Premier League giants were the best club of the past 10 years. City enjoyed a period of huge success between 2010 and 2019, winning four Premier League titles, four EFL Carabao Cups, the FA Cup twice and three Community Shields.
City were best - Guardiola
While Real Madrid won four Champions Leagues and Barcelona claimed two to go with seven LaLiga crowns, Guardiola believes City had the edge over the Spanish giants over the decade.
"I think this club, in the last decade, was the best team. In terms of points, in terms goals, of titles and everything," he said. "So I congratulate Manchester City for that. So when we analyse every single day here, what happens day by day, we analyse that. But we have a perspective of what happened in 10 seasons, especially when the people from Abu Dhabi took over the club [in 2008] and bought good players, interesting managers and bigger staff. I think we did it incredibly well. Because fighting with the huge elephants here in England, the big clubs with the biggest history. With us in the last decade, we were a part of them, that is amazing."
Some of my favourite moments from 2019 pic.twitter.com/a2xoCGFbiS— Bernardo Silva (@BernardoCSilva) December 31, 2019
Ancelotti's Everton up next
Sitting 14 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool, City host Everton on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020