Danny Ings hands Saint New Year's Day win over Spurs
Harry Kane limped off with a hamstring injury and José Mourino was booked. It was a positive afternoon for Southampton who move up to 12th.
Southampton completed a rejuvenating holiday schedule with a superb Danny Ings goal earning them a 1-0 win over stuttering Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday afternoon. Ings fooled former Southampton defender Toby Alderweireld with a great piece of skill to fire the hosts in front in the 17th minute and a laboured Tottenham rarely threatened.
Kane substituted, Mourinho booked
A hamstring injury to Harry Kane that forced the England striker off in the second half ensured it was a miserable start to the new year for Tottenham, whose manager José Mourinho was booked for an altercation with the home coaching staff. Kane was injured scoring a goal that was disallowed for offside, the decision confirmed by VAR.
Southampton have collected 10 points from 12 in their last four games to climb out of the relegation zone and up to the relative safety of 12th with 25 points. Tottenham remain in sixth place, six points behind Chelsea who occupy fourth spot after having been held by Brighton earlier today.
Te recomendamos en English
- Social media Twitter attack: Obama, Biden, Apple and Elon Musk accounts hacked
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Liverpool player ratings vs Arsenal as champions lose 2-1 at the Emirates
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Arsenal player ratings vs Liverpool as Arteta ends Klopp's points record bid
- 2022 World Cup Javier Mascherano set to share his Generation Amazing experience
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment payments $600: are they exempt from tax?