Salah and Mané start Liverpool's 2020 with 2-0 win over Blades
It was a thoroughly dominant performance from Jürgen Klopp's men who have now gone a complete year without losing in the Premier League.
Goals from Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mané helped Premier League leaders Liverpool restore their 13-point advantage at the top of the table as they saw off a valiant Sheffield United 2-0 at Anfield on Thursday.
Ruthless Reds ease past blunt Blades
Salah opened the scoring on four minutes, capitalising on a slip from United defender George Baldock. Mane tapped in from close range on 64 minutes after his original effort had been saved to secure a victory that marked Liverpool being unbeaten in the top flight for a year.
Jürgen Klopp’s side have 58 points from 20 games, while Sheffield United sit eighth, seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.
Liverpool were far from their dazzling best but had too much quality for the newly-promoted outfit.
The opener came after Baldock slipped under Virgil van Dijk’s long ball, allowing Andy Robertson to break into the box and square for Salah, who swept in his 10th league strike of the season.
The Egyptian was then thwarted by Dean Henderson in the visitors’ goal, before John Lundstram saw an equaliser correctly ruled out for offside after 15 minutes.
Salah then hit to post after the restart, before feeding Mané, whose initial effort was parried by Henderson but he netted the rebound.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United